At Strength and Balance Therapeutic Massage, we recognize the severity of the COVID-19 pandemic. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients and staff. We are taking all necessary precautions, as well as following strict guidelines from Alberta Health Services and our Massage Therapy Associations, to ensure everyone feels safe.
Bellow we will outline what things will look like once we are able to safely reopen our doors.
Strength and Balance will reopen on Friday, June 19th.
Massage Therapy has been placed in Stage 2 and is said to begin on Friday, June 12th.
At this time, we have decided to wait and reopen our doors on Friday, June 19th. We need to assure that we have all protocols, and PPE equipment, in place before reopening. Our top priority is to ensure all clients feel safe during their visit.
What to expect once we reopen:
- All Strength and Balance staff will need to self screen and assess themselves prior to entering the building. No staff will be permitted to enter the building, or be able to work, if they are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms, have been in contact with anyone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19, or have travelled outside of the country within the last 14 days. Therapists will take the appropriate amount of time to self isolate before returning to work.
- All clients will be asked a series of screening questions when booking an appointment. Should you develop symptoms or are feeling unwell leading up to your appointment, we kindly ask that you call the clinic to cancel your appointment. You will not be able to visit the clinic if you are feeling unwell. We will reschedule your appointment for a later date.
- When you arrive to your appointment, please call us to check-in and remain in your car. Your therapist will call you when they are ready for you.
- At the time of appointment, you will be required to sign a waiver form that entails a list of screening questions. If you answer yes to any of the questions, you will be directed home, instructed to call HealthLink (#811) and take the appropriate steps to self isolate. Clients will have to fill out a waiver form each time they visit the clinic for an appointment.
- Therapists will be wearing masks at all times while in contact, and during client treatments. Masks will be changed after each client. Other PPE, such as protective eyewear and aprons, are on hand and will be worn if needed.
- Because we cannot maintain two meters of distance from one another, clients will be asked to wear a mask to their appointment. Clients will need to keep their mask on at all times while in the clinic, and during their massage treatment. It may be a disposable mask, or a cotton mask. Strength and Balance will not be providing masks for everyone. If a client comes to their appointment without a mask, a disposable mask will be provided for them for a fee of $1.
- Clients are asked to arrive to their appointment alone. No friends, partners, or children. If a client is being dropped off or picked up, their driver must remain in their vehicle.
- Clients will be asked to leave all non-essential belonging in their vehicle.
- All clients will be asked to wash their hands upon arrival, and before they leave the building. Hand sanitizer will be accessible to all clients at the front desk, and in the treatment rooms.
- There will be 30 minutes in between all appointments to ensure proper cleaning and sanitation.
- Treatment rooms will be sanitized and disinfected after each use. All non-essential items have been removed from all treatment rooms. All high touch surface areas and equipment will be disinfected frequently, and after every use.
- Debit and Credit payments are preferred.
- At this time, water will no longer be served after your appointment. We encourage you to bring a full water bottle to your appointment.